ARTIS Planetary Health Congress
July 6 and 7, 2023: ARTIS Planetary Health Congress
The scientific congress will explore how these four themes are connected: Earth, Water, Food and People. Each session includes three key notes laying the foundation for each theme, followed by six lectures of action perspectives. Representatives from different fields come together in one place for optimal cross-fertilisation.
Wednesday July 5 - Workshops
- EU research program workshop ‘Impact through Synergy’ (invitation only).
- Workshop: The future of Planetary Health cities and political leadership.
- Welcome dinner planetary health conference
Thursday July 6 - Planetary health conference (day 1)
The scientific congress will explore how four research themes are interconnected and connect to human health and the health of our civilization: Earth, Water, Food and Humans. Each session includes three key notes laying the foundation for each theme, followed by action perspectives. Representatives from different fields come together in one place for optimal cross-fertilization.
- Research theme Earth
- Round Table of European City Mayors (invitation only)
- Research theme Water
- Musical performance ’Symbiosis’ in the Planetarium of ARTIS
Friday July 7 - Planetary health conference (day 2)
- Research theme Food
- Parallel planetary health lunch workshops
- Planetary health education
- Movement building
- Food & Microbes
- Research theme Humans
Saturday & Sunday July 8-9 -Planetary Health festival
Program for families consisting of festivities and special activities at ARTIS-Park providing a variety of perspectives on Planetary Health allowing the attendees to be entertained and interact.
ARTIS is organising the first ARTIS Planetary Health Congress in collaboration with VU University Amsterdam, Health Holland, Top Sector Horticulture & Starting Materials and Top Sector Agri & Food.